yEarn Improvement Proposals (YIPs) describe standards for the yEarn platform, including core protocol specifications, client APIs, and contract standards.
- Review YIP-0.
- Fork the repository by clicking "Fork" in the top right.
- Add your YIP to your fork of the repository. There is a template YIP here.
- Submit a Pull Request to yEarn's YIPs repository.
Your first PR should be a first draft of the final YIP. It must meet the
formatting criteria enforced by the build (largely, correct metadata in the
header). An editor will manually review the first PR for a new YIP and assign
it a number before merging it. Make sure you include a
discussions-to header with the URL to a discussion forum or open
GitHub issue where people can discuss the YIP as a whole.
If your YIP requires images, the image files should be included in a
subdirectory of the `assets` folder for that YIP as follow:
assets/yip-X (for yip X). When linking to an image in the
YIP, use relative links such as
When you believe your YIP is mature and ready to progress past the WIP phase,
you should ask to have your issue added to the next governance call where it
can be discussed for inclusion in a future platform upgrade. If the community
agrees to include it, the YIP editors will update the state of your YIP to
YIP status terms
- WIP - a YIP that is still being developed.
- Proposed - a YIP that is ready to be reviewed in a governance call.
- Approved - a YIP that has been accepted for implementation by the yEarn community.
- Implemented - a YIP that has been released to mainnet.
- Rejected - a YIP that has been rejected.